Saturday, January 31, 2009

351/365 Klean Kanteen


I started to slowly change over to reusable water bottles. I am sick of the waste from the plastic bottles that won't biodegrade for over a thousand years. What I don't understand is, if the government knows that plastic is toxic and not good for the environment, how do they allow the production of it in water bottles? Now I hear that reusable plastic bottles are leaking BPA and that it's toxic for the human body. So, I had to go get BPA free bottles. Shouldn't we have already had those? How long has the government been aware of this problem? And yet, we've all been exposed for years. Does it even matter to get a BPA free bottle now that we've been exposed this long? I'm using  Klean Kanteen, a CamelbaK, and SIGG bottles. You can buy all of these at EMS or REI stores. My favorite website to learn about all of the green living stuff is GRIST

This is my 365 project picture of the day. 

Taken with a Canon SD800. (A camera that will soon be labeled toxic by the government!)

No comments: