Tuesday, January 13, 2009

333/365 You Will Be My Music


One of the numerous Sinatra CDs I've listened to in the last month. I had this (Ol' Blue Eyes Is Back) in cassette many years ago. It was his comeback album, actually. Not many people favor this album, but I loved it. His version of Send In The Clowns is better than the version with the piano. Some may disagree, but I like the orchestrated version better. He dropped from the public eye due to vocal issues which pushed him into early retirement (I believe), but this album brought him back to a new generation. Since this return in 1973, he was back in favor but to a new generation of fans. Once "Love and Marriage" came out as the title song on a hit TV series, Sinatra would enjoy even more accolades. I always loved his music, having grown up with it. We all did. The concert in 1979 at the Hartford Civic Center was one of my concert favorites. He was just such a presence on stage. I can't imagine him with Dean Martin and Sammy Davis JR. Now, that would have been something to see. Three strong personalities bantering back and forth. That's history in the making. I really wish I could have seen it. I swear I was born in the wrong era.

This is my 365 project picture of the day. 

Taken with my MacBook Pro in Photo Booth.

No comments: