Sunday, July 20, 2008

156/365 Flowers (Canon G9)



These are the first of a few shots I took from the new Canon G9 camera. The picture with two flowers in it is my 365 project picture of the day. The single flower is in my 365 overflow set. The first thing I notice with this Canon G9 as opposed to the Canon SD800, is its size and features. there are so many features on this camera. The quality of the pictures seems to be better to me as well. I can certainly see the pictures displayed better on the bigger LCD display on the Canon G9 camera. Duh! 

I haven't been able to really take this camera out and test it, only having purchased it yesterday, but I will certainly be having a lot of fun with it. This is the display model, with over 600 shots taken on it, which kind of pisses me off, because they didn't give me a discount. I think Iris Photo Shop in Northampton, Massachusetts is such a small shop that they probably couldn't afford to give any discount. Still it makes me mad. I could have gotten the camera cheaper at B&H Photo, even with shipping and handling. Live and learn. 

I don't like the neck strap with the camera; much preferring the Wrist Strap and a small camera bag to throw it in when I am done using the camera.

2 comments: