Saturday, May 05, 2007

Northampton Gay Pride 2007



I went to the march this year. I didn't really want to go, but figured it would force me to take some pictures, something I haven't done in a while. The weather was pretty mild. Northampton has this Gay Pride March every year. I hate crowds, so I've only been to this event 3 times. As I get older, it gets worse. I don't like loud noise, or crowds of people. If I were in a better frame of mind, I would have enjoyed this, and taken more pictures. There were so many dogs at this event, and I don't mean the women. (Though there were so many doggy women too. Sorry, but it's true! I can't even begin to explain the phenomenon of fat bottomed dykes which scares the shit out of me.) Anyway, I stayed about an hour, and that's all I could handle. I drove out of town totally disillusioned. I don't know what I think I will gain out of going to these marches, but I felt more alone than when I arrived. I don't feel part of this community of gay people. Most of my friends are straight. This whole march should make me feel proud and happy, right? I felt alone and bummed out. I didn't feel connected at all.









No comments: