Sunday, January 28, 2007

Self-Portraits


Ahhhh Yes! I did some self-portraits! I actually like these. I was having fun with my D-SLR, a Nikon D70 with a zoom lens on it. I used fill flash, set the camera on a tripod, set the self-timer, and grabbed my guitars! I wanted some photos for MySpace. My favorite guitar is the one my Mom bought me back in 1976, a Takamine 12 string. The other 6 string acoustic guitar pictured is a Martin, (albeit a low end model, if that is possible!) I'm still getting used to it. I haven't photographed the Fender Stratocaster yet. (Yeah, I am a guitar collector!) I loved doing this photo shoot, as it gave me a chance to play with my digital camera. I am kind of shy about getting someone to model for me, but I think I need to get some courage and start shooting more. I have the bug to take portraits! Now, if the winter will end, I can get going!! Hey! Here are some cool links to check out. Scroll over this paragraph too, as there are a few links hidden!


Taylor Guitars
Carvin Guitars
PRS Guitars
Ovation Guitars
Guild Guitars
Breedlove Guitars
Gibson Guitars
Godin Guitars
Musician's Friend
Sam Ash
Frets Magazine
Paste Magazine
Fingerstyle Guitar Magazine
Guitar World Magazine
Guitar Site
Downtown Sounds
Guitar Tabs
More Guitar Tabs
Nikonians for Nikon Users
Nikon Digital




No comments: